How long do speakers usually talk?
Generally, a keynote speaker talks for up to 60 mins and an after dinner speaker / entertainer for approx. 30 / 40 mins - the duration can vary to fit in with your programmes for both the conference days and evenings.
Are there any extra fees to pay on top of the speaking fee?
No! - there are no extra fees added to the speaker fee AND this can make quite a difference to your event budget, especially if you're booking more than one speaker and entertainment as well. Our speakers also like to know that when they work with us, clients are not charged extra fees on top of their speaking fee.
Why should we use SpeakerLink to find our speakers?
- you don't have to pay any admin or service fees in addition to the speaker fee
- we are 100% New Zealand owned and operated and know the industry / market well.
- we make it easy for you to find the right speaker and help to manage the process, to save you time
- you can access our trusted speaker networks and industry partnerships that have been built over 17+ years!
- you can have an obligation free briefing call with the speaker once you have made a choice
- we've been voted "People's Choice Award" in the Nationwide Speakers Bureau category
What kind of speakers to you have?
We have a range of different speakers (below) to ensure you can find just the right talent for your conference / event - click the Help button on the menu bar above for more details or give us a call to talk about your requirements.
- Inspirational / Motivational
- Workshop presenters
- Workshop facilitators
- Entertainers - Band, soloist, cabaret act, vocal group, quartet, comedian, magician, hypnotist, music quiz, etc
- Combination speakers - these speakers can combine several talents on the same programme and save you money on accommodation / travel.
Are the speaker's travel and expenses included in the speaking fee?
Not usually! - in most cases, you will need to cover the cost of the speaker travel and expenses - these include the following:
- car parking at the departure airport or in some cases, return taxi home / airport
- return flight (flexi plus in case of any changes) and if driving is the better option then you cover the cost of the return mileage instead.
- all ground transfers at the destination
- a good standard of accommodation and all meals at the destination
- any Audio visual/production requirements for the presentation or entertainment
- workbooks/materials if required for workshops (this is by agreement)
Who arranges the Speaker's travel and accommodation?
This is by agreement with you and we often work together.
- all flights are flexi plus in case there is a change in the speaker's diary
- often clients book the accommodation because they get conference rates for their delegates and can add the speaker.
- where SpeakerLink makes the bookings we invoice for reimbursement at cost and expenses are invoiced against speaker receipts where possible.
- if a speaker session is before midday we strongly recommend flying him/her in the night before (especially during winter months)- it's been our experience that the cost of one night's accommodation far outweighs the anxiety and inconvenience of having to rearrange the conference programme if the speaker is delayed or grounded at an airport.
Do you sell speaker books and other speaker resources?
We don't keep stocks of speaker resources, but we can help you to get hold of them.